Vulnerability and Risk Management
Because Identifying Vulnerabilities Are Only 1/3 Of The Problem
So you found 2.000 vulnerabilities, asked developers to fix them but it's hard to organize wich vulnerabilities were fixed? Do you have more 50 reports to triage and even forgot to notify a product manager after finding a vulnerability? We know what's like and we know how to overcome this.
Finding a vulnerability is only 1/3 of securing your web application. The other 2/3 are fixing it and preventing it from happening again.
Vulnerability and Risk Management Challenges
- The overwhelming amount of vulnerabilities that can be found becomes challenging to be managed in a spreadsheet or emails;
- Security tools generate different reports, thus a normalizing process is required, and if not automated is very time consuming;
- And more than having vulnerabilities centralized, you need to act on it, which demands even more capabilities of the security team or of the software in use. It's necessary to trigger emails to the product owner or for whom is responsible for prioritizing vulnerabilities fixes;
- It's also necessary to track the state of each vulnerability to know which is fixed, which is not, classify the business impact instead of the technical impact alone.
Efficiently Managing Vulnerability and Risks
To effectively manage vulnerabilities and risks, we built a cloud-based platform that solves all the above pain points.
- Centralized Vulnerability and Risk Management: run different tools using Gauntlet and centralize them in a single platform;
- Create Manual Vulnerability and Risks: we understand that not all risks comes from tools, thus you need a way to create yours manually;
- Prioritize: it's possible to determine the business severity of each vulnerability to further apply policies on them;
- Simplify and Automate: accordingly to the business severity it's possible to trigger notification when a policy is violated or when it comes back to normal again. Policies include the maximum amount of time to fix a vulnerability and maximum number of vulnerabilities an application or server can have;
- Portability: it's possible to get the data out of Gauntlet through our API in a centralized fashion in case you want to customize.