Secure Web Application Development
Find bugs earlier, get more secure software and Save money
When 12,000 security professionals were asked to name what the number one security threat was for their organization, 69% said application-layer vulnerabilities (Source: Booz Allen Hamilton) — yet less than 10% ensure that all their business-critical applications are reviewed for security before and during production (Source: SANS).
This paradox is costly for an organization because finding bugs earlier in the software development life cycle (SDLC) is cheaper than finding it late in production. Actually is could be up to 30x cheaper as fixing bugs in production may require subtancial changes to the existing architecture and much more personnel.
Figure 1: Relative cost to fix, based on time of detection.
How Gauntlet Can Help
- Before development:
- Application Security Program Management: we can develop or improve your application security program to guarantee that each phase of the software development life cycle (SDLC) is not introduzing vulnerabilities unnecessarily;
- Training for Developers: train developers on secure development prevents bugs, make bugs easier to be spotted and helps to create secure architectures;
- During development:
- Before pushing to production:
Benefits For All SDLC Phases
During all phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC), you can leverage Gauntlet platform features, including:
- Vulnerability and Risk Management: whenever a vulnerability be identified or manually created, they will be centralized in our platform and are subject to policies applied based on the application/server business criticality;
- Role-Based Access Control: all the users must be inside a group and the group has the permissions. In short permissions are extremely granular. For geeks, it's to the level of methods and classes;
- Internal Testing: we can test your internal applications and servers either using SSH Tunnels or by deploying our Virtual Scan Appliance that will perform the scan and is integrated with our cloud-based platform;
- API Oriented: everything you can do on our platform you can do using our API. Our web site is also a client for our API.