The warriors in the front lines
“If into the security recordings you go, only pain will you find.” Yoda to Obi-Wan, Star Wars.
Developers like you craft the digital world we live in. Their care with user interface (UI) improvements, performance improvements and outstanding algorithms help businesses thrive. On the other hand, even when they're looking to protect from their applications from cyberattacks they tend to fail miserably. No matter how smart they are.
But wait, it's not solely because of them. When a vulnerability is discovered it's the organization's fault. It has so many causes, including:
- Lack of training: Development courses/tutorials usually don't incorporate security or don't teach it enough ... because the teachers weren't taught either, thus creating an infinite loop;
- Human Factor: Even when knowing how to defend it's possible to commit mistakes sometimes;
- Interest Conflict: At the very end developers are responsible for delivering. And this priority, which is usually combined with the pressure of the time-to-market, may result in overlooking non-functional requirements such as performance and security;
- Lack of Security By Default: tools and frameworks usually don't come with good security by default, thus the developer need to know and apply security to compensate such missing defaults. It's true that tools and frameworks have been improving over time, but it's not enough and tools have their limitation, e.g., can't protect you from business logic bypasses.
Gauntlet to the rescue
That said, we can help you many ways, including:
- Check for vulnerabilities in your application, server or source code: You can use our cloud-based platform to check for vulnerabilities in your source code (we call it Static Application Security Testing - SAST) and in your running server or application (we call it Dynamic Application Security Testing - DAST), from a hacker perspective. We also provide step-by-step recommendations and remediation coaching to help you fix those security vulnerabilities. More than fixing, you'll also learn cybersecurity;
- Security training for developers: however you may want to learn it at once, thus we have a security training tailored for you. An instructor that walks in your shoes and is extremely qualified to teach cybersecurity will pass his knowledge for you;
- Create/Improve Application Security Program Management: we can also develop or improve your application security program to guarantee that each phase of the software development life cycle (SDLC) is not introduzing vulnerabilities unnecessarily.
More things you'd like
Our cloud-based platform is:
- REST API Oriented: everything you can do using the web interface you can do using the API. The API Keys also can have a granular authorization;
- Role-Based Access Control: all the users must be inside a group and the group has the permissions. Those permission are to the level of methods and classes;
- Internal Testing: we can test your internal applications and servers either using SSH Tunnels or by deploying our Virtual Scan Appliance that will perform the scan and is integrated with our platform.
Have a question?
Talk to a nerd! Drop us an email at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help :)